Dr. Mark Hornstein Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Mark Hornstein?

"The mucous plug Trick Doctor"

Posted on May 29th, 2016

The BWH must have a really good legal protection, since Mark Hornstein keeps reiterating the mucous plug trick on all his patients. Here is another of his victims.

Horrible experience

Posted on May 10th, 2016

If you are also among the 1 in 3 women who have been sexually assaulted in your life, I would strongly suggest you NOT go to the BWH CIRS and mark hornstein. They seemingly went out of their way to make this a more anxiety provoking experience when I was already terrified having delayed ever going to a gynecologist for the first time until I started getting severe pain from endo. He also used the mucus plug trick on me that a woman below described. I had a ct scan done at another hospital later and found out he would have also subjected me to a hystetoroscopic procedure I did not need. While I am now receiving excellent caring medical care at another hospital, this experience has completely retraumatized me, and I've spent the past six months since this just trying to keep living. Now knowing their true colors, I would give anything to be able to go back to the fall and never go to the BWH CIRS.

Posted on April 12th, 2016

I am still trying to recover physically and emotionally from this experience. I have barely been able to keep myself going in life the past few months because of how he and his staff treated me when I was really vulnerable. Going to this office is one of the biggest regrets of my life. I would recommend going to any other doctor's office before this one.

Exceptional Doctor

Posted on November 6th, 2015

Dr. Mark Hornstein is exceptional. After failed cycles elsewhere he helped us achieve our family after just one try. His attention to detail and his commitment to each patient only makes you trust him more.

Horrifing experience.

Posted on August 28th, 2015

I' m just coming out of an horror experience at the Center for infertility and reproductive surgery (CIRS) of the Brigham and Women hospital. My journey started 2 years ago' . The CIRS is a strange place, patients are welcomed by doctors and nurses by great smiles and raffinate manners. The sense that something was wrong arrived very soon, after my first visit, and was confirmed after my first histerosalpingogram. I found out later that the doctor, Mark Hornstein, has a trick, the trick of the mucous plug. Every woman has a mucous plug, that divides cervix from the utero. During the exam, the plug is mechanically detached from the cervix and flow inside the uterine cavity. The plug is radio opaque and the doctor says it is a polyp or fibroid to be removed in operating room under total anesthesia, meaning money to him and the hospital for unseful procedures. He does the "Mucous plug trick" as routine, and he prescribes a number of completely unuseful exams and procedures, simply for money. I heard from many patients. Interestingly they work in liaison with a therapist at Falkner hospital, and she agree with them completely. This situation escalated until after several episodes while I was waiting for a scheduled office visit, I had a panic attack probably caused by the fertility drug clomid that they prescribed to me, and the nurse Barbara Appeal denied me medical help but called security. I went home but I was ill during that night, and I called the doctor on call, that incidentally was my own doctor, but he never returned my call. The day after they communicated me that the Brigham terminated me as a patient. This was my journey at the fertility clinic of the BWH. Thery are suppose to be center of excellence in women health, but they have no professional ethic, they are just money makers. Be very careful if they diagnose you with a polyp or fibroid, because this is entirely invented. Stay away from them because they are dangerous and put the life of their patiens at risk.

Posted on March 24th, 2015

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Dr Hornstein throughout our infertility struggle which included a miscarriage and treatment of endometriosis. Not only is he extremely skilled and knowledgeable but he also shows empathy for his patients. He had a way of instilling hope in us even during the darkest times. We always left feeling informed, and in control of our options. I would highly recommend him.

Received very poor care

Posted on January 24th, 2013

Dr. Hornstein failed to prepare for my visits and simply did not read my medical record (reports, findings) which is critical to accurately provide care--especially since I have been suffering . He didn't follow-up on tests he ordered. He didn't even read his own note since our last visit and repeated the same information which was irrelevant based on my disease progression. I do not recommend him.

Excellent Dr. and genuinely cares about you

Posted on October 9th, 2011

Dr. Horsntein never rushes my appointments and genuinely cares about my overall well being. I have a very difficult case and he has never given up. He is open to working with other dr's to be sure I receive the best care and doesn't rush the more invasive treatments, but knows when it's time to take that route. I highly recommend Dr. Hornstein for all treatments, but my experience is with stage 4 Endometriosis with chronic severe pelvic pain. He is also an excellent surgeon.

absolutely wonderful

Posted on July 12th, 2010

Dr. Hornstein is an incredibly good and kind person. He is very dedicated to his patients. I have been with him for 15 years and plan on staying as long as he is practicing. He is very attentive and really looks out for one's generalized health. He was the one who noticed a breast lump and sent me to a breast surgeon. He was the one who noticed I wasn't acting like myself and recommended a therapist. He is top notch.

Posted on September 27th, 2009

lack of compassion, attention, and personalized care, misinformation on state of the science,

Posted on November 26th, 2017