Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark I Kaminski has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Kaminski is one of those doctors who just loooves to prescribe. Every single time I have gone there, I came out with prescriptions for $300-$400 worth of pills. When I had a mild bronchitis, I got the antibiotic AND the inhaler AND the steroids. When my cholesterol was slightly up, he didn't even want to hear that I had been on a low-carb diet and thought it may be for that reason (eating too much saturated fat). I opted to try and change my diet back and get retested in a month or two. Oh, but no, Kaminski wanted me to go on Lipitor that day! Lest I fall over and die at 30-something years of age and otherwise healthy unless I take statins immediately. Needless to say, when I went to a different doc and got rechecked, my stats were fine. No need for medication.Personally, I believe this is exactly the kind of doctor the pharma industry LOVES. That, coupled with his inept office staff, who speaks limited English, doesn't know how the insurance systems and deductibles in the US work and will leave you messages in Polish harassing you for money when they haven't even sent an invoice, well, it makes for a hideous experience. Never again.
I had visited Dr. Kiminski 3 times in a 3 month and anytime I went I was leaving with a full hand of the prescription slips.I'm in my mid 20th and he put me on for life twice a day pill to treat my occasional stomach crams. Unlike most of the doctors are caring and helpful his approach come every month so I can pay my bills. Totally disappointed!
22 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1996
University Medical Center
Dr. Mark I Kaminski accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mark I Kaminski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.