Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark Jacobs MD
Dr. Mark Jacobs, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Havertown, PA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Jacobs is affiliated with Bryn Mawr Hospital and Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark Jacobs has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mark Jacobs has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Mark Jacobs is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark Jacobs - Posted on October 28th, 2016
Mark Jacobs is as much of a hack as he is a jerk. He (mis)diagnosed me with gastritis years ago. Part of his diagnosis was for me to abstain from alcohol competely forever. Seeking out high quality craft beer brought me a lot of enjoyment and I wanted to understand his diagnosis. I started asking more detailed questions and he snapped at me saying if it was this hard for me to give up alcohol then maybe I have a different problem. Implying I am an alcoholic is totally unprofessional and unacceptable.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark Jacobs - Posted on February 5th, 2015
While the Dr. Jacobs is in the office, asked me lie on the table and pull down my pants, rolled me over to my side, checked me, while he was still in the office asked me to pull my pants up. He was over at the table writing. There was no assistant present in the office. Never once did he leave me alone to get dressed. I was very offended.
Dr. Jacobs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Mark Jacobs Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSUBURBAN GASTROENTEROLOGY, 1010 W Chester Pike Ste 202, Havertown, PA
Dr. Mark Jacobs is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Havertown, PA.