Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Mark H Kawachi
Dr. Mark H Kawachi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Duarte, CA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark H Kawachi has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Mark H Kawachi has the following 11 expertise
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Stones
- Kidney Cancer
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Urologic Emergencies
Dr. Mark H Kawachi has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 7
Unfortunately Dr Kawachi is more interested in making numbers (potency) than curing the disease. He also passes the patient off to a fellow, never even had prior knowledge of this taking place. We felt like walking out when the fellow came in prior to surgery so egotistical. But we were in good, experienced hands or were we. After never even talked to Dr Kawachi only the fellow came in. Maybe you have to be more important to have him give his complete attention. Not as expected.
I am a surgeon. I researched the best surgeons to do the Da Vinci RP. Mark did a great job. His praying with my wife and I says it all. My PSA is non detectable after 4 years. I have continence and potency without medication. I had to do most of the rehab myself but without a great surgeon it would not have happened. I am deeply grateful and highly recommend Mark without reservation.
After a year he referred me to other doctor out side City of Hope; after seeing me 16 time and 7 time in emergency. He said my case is to complex he could not do anything for me. Prior to the surgery he did state God gave him a gift, his hand and how he handling the joysticks and complication little to none. He is a better sell person rather than a doctor.
Dr. Kawachi is in my opinion "The Best". He is very caring, takes his time with you and makes you feel like you are his only patient. Explains thoroughly what he believes best for you and takes his time answering all your questions. I would not hesitate referring him to family or friends. Great Surgeon!
43 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Mark H Kawachi accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCity of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 Duarte Rd, Duarte, CA
Dr. Mark H Kawachi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Duarte, CA.