Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark L Phillips has the following 1 specialty
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Mark L Phillips has the following 8 expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Acute Pain
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 42
Well authoritated in his line of work as a pain doctor . Very friendly and is down to earth . Has helped me with my back pain, after an operation seveal years ago . I am 73 years old and have authoritis pain in my hip, shoulder and hands . I would recomend Dr. Phillips to those that have any type uncontrolable pain .
I have been a patient of Dr. Phillips for 6+ years. My medical issue which requires treatment is degenerative in nature, and therefore not easily treatabled with surgery. I have *always* found Dr. Phillips to be compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He has a quick sense of humor, so it's easy to develop a comfortable rapport. He's a good listener, which has made a tremendous difference in receiving specifically individualized treatment. He maintains the latest in current medical knowledge, not limited his own field of expertise. Dr. Phillips takes the profession of pain management very seriously, and will not tolerate abuse of the medications he prescribes. Office policies and testing reflect this stance. Personally, I find this reassuring, considering the level of abuse reported in current national news.
Dr Phillips is caring & compassionate, and has a true understanding of a chronic pain patient. He treats me like a regular person, chats pleasantly, and is always upbeat. The only problems I've had with the practice is getting calls returned promptly when there were issues with obtaining RX's. The current receptionist could improve a bit - but the nurse is very nice always.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Phillips is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Mark L Phillips accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
Locations & DirectionsGuilford Pain Management, 522 N Elam Ave Ste 203, Greensboro, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark L Phillips in this video.
Dr. Mark L Phillips is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greensboro, NC.