Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark L Weissman has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mark L Weissman has the following 8 expertise
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Dr. Mark L Weissman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
I went to him over five years ago and quite honestly he gave me a prostate exam while I was standing. He left me sitting for over twenty minutes, nude, while I heard him joking with the nurses. He may have been a concerned physician but he needs to retired. By the way, hie gave me a hemorrhoid because of his completely approach to a prostate exam. Last doc I want to see.
The picture of this doctor on this site is about 15 years old. That appears to be the last time he paid attention to practicing mindful or caring medicine. He certainly does not seem to care about his patients. His bedside manner is abrupt, rough,and cursory. He does the least he can to get by, then leaves and goes to lunch. Really a disgrace. He actually hurt me by being too rough during an exam. I have more to say but will just say "stay away," you can do far better.
34 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Mark L Weissman accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsToluca Lake Health Center, 4323 W Riverside Dr, Burbank, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark L Weissman in this video.
Dr. Mark L Weissman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burbank, CA.