Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark G Leifeste has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Mark G Leifeste has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Mark G Leifeste has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark G Leifeste is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I went to him solely based on the fact that my doctor preferred I had a psychiatrist handle my medications. He seemed condsening of my prior doctors/therapist/psychiatrists because he thought he knew more than they did. He never understood the fact that I respected my previous psychiatrist immensely and wished I could find someone similar who would not think of me as being a disobedient patient when I stopped taking medication due to side effects. Also the fact that he wants to charge for every little thing he possibly can, can add up when the sessions themselves are over $200 and he wants to add to that.
Dr. Leifeste is a genuinely caring professional with many years of expertise. He is thorough in his approach to gathering information about a patient and his/her environment in order to provide the best care plan possible. He is conservative in his use of medication in patients and integrates many types of therapies. Dr. Leifeste's methods have sound research behind them and he is effecive at communicating his advice to chidlren and adults alike. We are very pleased with his care for our daughter and, by extention, our family.
Very egotistical and never provided information. He spend three appointments trying to qualify us as parents if we would pursue the treatment he suggested but never talked about the treatment. He did not relate well to anyone in the family. I friend had see Dr Leifeste years ago and had similar issues, I wish I had about her issues prior to seeing him and prevented wasting valuable time on critical psychological issues. I am writing this review so others do not have the same issue.
Dr. Leifeste is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Mark G Leifeste accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
Locations & DirectionsMark G Leifeste Md, 4770 Baseline Rd Ste 300, Boulder, CO
Dr. Mark G Leifeste is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boulder, CO.