Dr. Mark E Lovaas Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Mark E Lovaas?

Eye lid surgery

Dr. Mark Lovaas did an upper and lower eye lid surgery for me. The surgery went horribly wrong. I had bloody fluid build up in my eyes and I could not see for 6 weeks. My vision did come back, but my left eye lid still droops. I wouldn't trust him to correct this defect. Dr. Lovaas did apologize, but I felt that he rushed through my surgery and did something wrong.

He listened to my needs and delivered !!!

My result was fantastic

The man is a butcher he should change his business had operation breast reduction in 2006 breast look so bad in my life terrible job bad job

Sty away frI'm this Edward Scissors Hands!!

Saw Dr. Lovaad for a bilateral breast reduction. After downplaying my concerns and pain at my post op visit, I ended up at my local ER twice with sever infections, MRSA, and an abcess. All of which left left terrible scarring, different breast sizes, mismatching nipper locations and continued pain 8 months after surgery. Additional, when I read his reports, he lies and puts in canned statements on each and every report such as "patient is happy with how things have gone so far. The patient is comfortable and does not have any pain issues." This is on almost every report even though I refused to see him any more and would only see his PCA Ginger Spronk and had to go to an outside wound care clinic to finally get my wounds to close 4 months after surgery. Stay away from this egomanic quack!

hes the best had a great facelift

He did a delayed reconstruction after bilateral mastectomies. He told me I could be any size I wanted, but after the expanders were placed I asked how much fluid they held and when he told me I knew that unless they were removed and larger ones placed I could not be as big as I wanted. I went from a C cup to a B. I was told I had no choice of nipple color but later found out other colors were available from another provider and I could choose the color. When nipples were made they were not even, even though they measured the same from the sternum, incisions weren't even and one side was lower. I went to another provider and had surgery to do a revision. I quite asking him about my activity level as I felt he didn't care. I went to him as he did outreach and I didn't have to drive to Mpls to see him. It would have been well worth the time for me to drive as I know I would be happier. He has been described as an artist but unfortunately I did not see that.

No Good

Lousy doctor, terrible listener, arrogant jerk

After a breast cancer diagnosis I had a mastectomy. Reconstruction also involved replacement of an old implant on the non-cancer side. Rather than just removing the implant, he removed so much of my own tissue that only 2-3mm of skin thickness was left. You could see through my skin with a flashlight! The nipple and areola disappeared with the strain on remaining skin tissue. Shortly after surgery I developed a breast infection on the non-cancer side. All this doctor would do is prescribe antibiotics. My breast was red, swollen and hot. My nipple was continually leaking. After 10 months of suffering with infection I told him the antibiotics are not getting to the implant area. He refused to remove the implant and clean out the infection. He wanted to try more antibiotics. Enough suffering. I FIRED HIM. I researched for a good surgeon and found one. Over the next 3 years and approx. 12 surgeries later I now have a normal breast again. The cancer side also had to be reconstructed. I would never go to him again and would advise others to seek medical care elsewhere.

Dr Lovaas listened carefully to my concerns and addressed them one by one to give me a fantastic result.

Ruined my nose

I was only 18 years old when he destroyed my face by misrepresenting his abilities to me. The rhinoplasty he performed on me left me permanently deformed. I had to have 3 subsequent major nasal reconstructive surgeries after, which cost me well over $25,000. He left me with results which were so horrific, that the disaster was only partially reparable. It is an unconscionable act for a surgeon to inflict this kind of harm on a patient, leaving the patient to suffer from remorse and the frustration of never being able to repair the damage, forever. It is simply devastating and irreparable. Please be cautious and make sure you thoroughly research your surgeon prior to undergoing surgery. I will always regret my surgery with him.

Excellent Surgeon

He is a lot of fun and a great surgeon. I had a double masectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer. He and the staff guided me through the process with great care. I have relatives that are in the medical profession and they have commented that my newly formed breasts are the best they have ever seen.

Craniosynostosis surgery

We were referred to Dr. Lovaas for craniosynostosis surgery. The procedure done by Dr. Lovaas on our infant's skull was poorly done and we had to put our child through an additional traumatic surgery to repair the work done. Our child had metal plates and screws that started between the skull and facial skin but migrated to the inside of the skull, poking through the dura (tough, leathery membrane that surrounds the brain) into the brain itself. These were later removed by another surgeon out of state (who said he'd never seen so many metal plates utilized). The metal plate movement required significant repair to my child's dura and the metal plates made some of the bone far less usable in reconstructing the skull (b/c it's difficult to separate the metal plate from the bone without compromising the condition of the bone) and also significantly increased the risk of cerebralspinal fluid leaks. My child had very successful surgery in Dallas by a surgeon who performs 2-4 cranial repairs/day to repair these issues. No blood transfusion was required (they use a cell saver machine to recycle the child's own blood), no hair was shaved, the incision line looks beautiful, the hospital stay was only 2 nights - a marked difference from when the procedure was done in Mpls by Dr. Lovaas. A well-intended surgeon, I believe...but he performs a wide range of surgeries. For craniosynostosis, go to a specialist who has the experience that comes from focusing on this type of pediatric skull surgery. At the very least, get a 2nd opinion from the Craniofacial Center in Dallas before proceeding. They do more of these there than anyone in the country and are outstanding!