Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Mark Ludvigson
Dr. Mark Ludvigson, MD, PHD, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in Tacoma, WA, with other offices in Lakewood, WA and Tacoma, WA (and 3 other locations). He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery. Dr. Ludvigson is affiliated with St Joseph Medical Center, Tacoma General Hospital and St Francis Community Hospital. Dr. Ludvigson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark Ludvigson has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Mark Ludvigson has the following 5 expertise
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Thyroid Diseases
Dr. Mark Ludvigson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 5
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ludvigson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Joseph Medical Center
Tacoma General Hospital
St Francis Community Hospital
St Anthony Hospital
Enumclaw Community Hospital
St. Joseph Tacoma
30 Years Experience
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Graduated in 1983
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mark Ludvigson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.