Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John M Melhorn has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. John M Melhorn has the following 8 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Occupational Diseases
- Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. John M Melhorn has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John M Melhorn is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
I went to an orthopedic Dr. who referred me to Dr. Melhorn. Dr. Melhorn said I did not have injuries to my wrist although the MRI said I did. 1 year later, I am still struggling to use my wrist. I went to another orthopedic surgeon recently who did another MRI. I still have my injuries, but they have worsened. I need medical treatment and needed it over 1 year ago. Be careful about his diagnosis. He needs to review the MRI information and not just rely on the xrays.
Very professional, highly knowledgeable, competent and accurate surgeon. I have had two successful procedures performed by this Doctor. Slightly fast paced, but do not let that fool you into thinking he has no time for you - he will continue to answer your questions to your satisfaction. I would advise anyone needing and orthopedic Doctor and surgeon to please use his services.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
39 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. John M Melhorn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHand Center, 625 N Carriage Pkwy Ste 125, Wichita, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John M Melhorn in this video.
Dr. John M Melhorn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wichita, KS.