Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark R Nikkel has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Injuries
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 52
Dr. Mark R. Nikkel is simply the most friendly, compassionate and wonderful surgeon! He is an asset to the South Haven Health System and the whole SW Michigan community. As a patient of Dr. Nikkel's in Chicago and now Michigan, I respect his dedication to helping me get well and his motivating words of encouragement. A good man, a great surgeon!
Dr. Mark Nikkel, DO was seen at new practice in South Haven, Michigan. He is a passionate surgeon with you tge patients best interest first always! He is so friendly, knowledgeable and courteous to you every visit! I have had 2 surgeries with Dr. Nikkel ! He is a great Surgeon! His staff is wonderful too!
He has operated on my husband twice. He did a wonderful job. He was very courteous and competent. I would recommend him to anyone.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2015, 2016, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
26 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Mark R Nikkel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark R Nikkel in this video.
Dr. Mark R Nikkel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Haven, MI.