Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark X Norleans has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 28
Billing department is always giving me a balance in which seems to be made up. He offered a private therapist for me for no extra payment. Now my dear therapist is gone and we have mandatory group sessions that are 30 dollars a month. When I had no insurance and paid cash, he said for 62 dollars I could get my blood work done in the office. 2 weeks later Quest sent me a 475.00 dollar bill in my mail box and time after time they couldn't correct it. The blood work was the basic hiv ect. In which he never discussed with me the results. I thought I was getting my thyroid checked and other things for a 51 year old would get. I had a kind of brain test o.k. which I thought I'd be hooked up to a machine but I was surprised it was a computer test. I wish I had more understanding and preparation for this.
Dr. Norleans is compassionate and knowledgeable. He is current with his information and if he doesn't know the answer, he will refer you to someone who does. What we liked most about him was the fact that he cared about all aspects of your healthcare- he would actually go over specialist's files, instead of solely focusing on what he was doing for you. He might seem cold at first, but once you get to know him, he has a professional, caring bedside manner.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Clinical Center At The Nih
Dr. Mark X Norleans accepts the following insurance providers.
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsDuan & Norleans Mds, 9730 Commerce Center Ct Ste 3, Fort Myers, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark X Norleans in this video.
Dr. Mark X Norleans is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Myers, FL.