Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark P Nelson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
- Colon Cancer
- Cholesterol Management
- Preventive Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
For the past 3 years, I have been in the AMITA Healthcare System at Alexian Bros and St Alexius. In that time, I have seen 4 GPs who referred me to 5 Specialists. There were errors made on blood work assessment, email communication, no follow up, and misdiagnosis which caused a major drug interaction and several weeks withdrawing from that drug. I am particular. Every category in which I rated with STARS for Dr Nelson is TRUE. He knows what is current in research, he makes sound medical diagnoses. He is the quarterback for my Nephrologist and Psychiatrist so my care in the Cadence Healthcare System will be coordinated by him. The Specialists keep him informed of medicine changes, reports from lab work, x-rays, they have DR to DR conference calls to discuss appropriate treatment plans and advise me clearly! I have been through a disastrous series of visits and questionable effects with 4 other General Practitioners. I believe he delivers the highest quality care, most thorough exam, and makes sure every health issue is addressed with him in the Examination Room. I presented him with quite a set of expectations and asked for the medical care to be researched, if necessary. He has been a TRUSTED DR...so very difficult to find in the shrinking Family Practice pool of "available to accept new patients". I highly recommend this Doctor and his affiliation with the larger Du Page Medical Group. I am a 61-year old woman with failing immune systems and stage-4 kidney disease. No, CAPTCHA-- I am not a robot, nor is the guy with the great personality and bulk of knowledge behind the white coat!
Dr. Nelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Mark P Nelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMark P Nelson Md, 150 E Willow Ave, Wheaton, IL
Dr. Mark P Nelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wheaton, IL.