Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark J Paradela has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Paradela is wonderful, but his office staff is so disorganized they don't know which way is up. They are all very nice, but they don't know what they are doing (most of them). Half the time their office phones will give you a busy tone for hours. The office staff will be missing from the front for 20 to 30 minutes at a time so you have to stand there and wait to even be checked in. The wait time is also ridiculous. We have had to wait in the waiting room to see Dr. Paradela for two hours before. If you're going to see Dr. Paradela it is much better to schedule a morning appointment to avoid such long wait times; plus, when you're scheduled to see him after lunch and wait two hours you end up getting caught in Athens afternoon traffic. Again, Dr. Paradela is a wonderful doctor who knows what he is talking about. He stays up to date with the latest and greatest. He also has the patience of a saint needed to deal with elderly patients. If he wasn't such a great doctor with a terrible staff, I wouldn't mind going.
Dr. Paradela is such a wonderful physician, his staff is just as wonderful! When you go in for an appointment you can tell that the whole office is passionate about the services they provide, Dr. Paradela is truly a Blessing from above. You wouldn't be able to find a better physician anywhere! He is resourceful and his practice is up to date, He knows what he is talking about! He takes the time to listen to you and to explain things, he is thorough and straight to the point!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2011, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Paradela is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Atlantic City Medical Center
Dr. Mark J Paradela accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAthens Geriatrics & Internal Medicine Pc, 1500 Oglethorpe Ave Ste 3200, Athens, GA
Dr. Mark J Paradela is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Athens, GA.