Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark Paulos
Dr. Mark Paulos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Providence, RI, with another office in Pittsburgh, PA. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Paulos is affiliated with UPMC Passavant, UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside and Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh. Dr. Paulos has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark Paulos has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mark Paulos has the following 2 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
Dr. Mark Paulos has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark Paulos is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I AM 73 YRS OLD AND HAVE HAD NUMEROUS PCPs IN MY LIFETIME. DR. PAULOS HAS BEEN THE BEST AND MOST CARING. HE DOES A VERY THOROUGH EXAMINATION AND EXPLAINS EVERYTHING TO HIS PATIENTS IN LAYMAN TERMS. HE NEVER LETS A PATIENT WAITING FOR RESULTS. AS SOON AS HE RECEIVES THEM HE LETS HIS PATIENT KNOW. HE ALSO HAS AN EXCELLENT STAFF. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Paulos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
UPMC South Side
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
15 Years Experience
Washington University at St. Louis
Graduated in 1998
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark Paulos in this video.
Dr. Mark Paulos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Providence, RI.