Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark Pecevich MD
Dr. Mark Pecevich, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ellicott City, MD, with another office in Ellicott City, MD. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark Pecevich has 2 locations
4100 College Ave
Ellicott City, MD 21043
4100 College Ave
Ellicott City, MD 21043
Book Online Now
Dr. Mark Pecevich has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Mark Pecevich has the following 12 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
25 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Mark Pecevich Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
More about Dr. Mark Pecevich
Dr. Pecevich is Associate Medical Director of Adult Services at Sheppard Pratt at Ellicott City, and Service Chief of the Co-Occurring Disorders Unit at SP@ EC.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark Pecevich, MD - Psychiatry in Ellicott City, MD, in this video.
Dr. Mark Pecevich is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Ellicott City, MD.