Dr. Mark Pelikan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Pelikan?

Posted on November 29th, 2016

This is a great DR

Great Care

Posted on September 5th, 2016

Great staff and great doctor; excellent follow up and care coordination. Would recommend if you're looking for a new doctor in North County.

Dr Pelikan

Posted on January 21st, 2016

He is the most caring Physician ,He is a blessing to all his patients !!

Posted on August 26th, 2015

I was treated for a cough and wht I was prescribed wasn't working. so I went back to this office to see the doctor ( I saw the nurse practitioner 5 days earlier) they wouldn't see me because i didn't have my co pay. If I just saw you guys less than a week ago and im not doing any better why should I have to pay you another copay?

Completely Disappointed

Posted on May 30th, 2015

I have been going to DR. Pelikan for many years now. A few years ago I had many symptoms that included.... racing heart rate, fatigue, night sweats, muscle pain, low temps, body aches low t levels, and many others. At the time I was 30 years old prior to this I had a ablation for a fib done by one of the best cardio Dr's in St Louis. When the racing heart came back a few months later and landed me in the hospital with ekg and blood test my cardio Dr said my throid levels were off. I went back to DR Pelikan office and asked him to do a blood test for my throid. After being told for over a year that the throid level was ok by Dr pelikan I finally went to a thyroid DR on my own because of all my symptoms. This thyroid Dr rated as one of the best in St Louis stated that the blood test results for my thyroid were absolutely NOT normal. And that Dr Pelikan missed dianosed me she did some of her own blood test and told me I had hypothyroidism. She stated it prob started as hyper and went to hypo. She started me on synthroid and after a couple weeks I felt better after a couple months I felt like a new man. All the symptoms were gone. My cadio dr also had me on a med called toporlol which also kept my heart regular. All the results were forwarded to DR Pelikan's office. Dr pelikan started prescibing my medications (toporol) and synthroid. My thyroid dr told me you can never go off the synthroid you have to take it for the rest of your life. Dr pelikan has prescibed these two meds for me for years. I recently called for a refill and was told if I don't get a call back from the office to call the exchange because I was out of meds. When I called the exchange I was told I had to come in to see Dr pelikan. I explained to the lady who is DR Pelikans on call nurse that I was out of state working and would be back in ST Louis in a couple months. She prescibed me 3 pills. I later called back because I was unable to pick up the meds. DR pelicans gen practitioner stated I need to find a different DR and was very rude. I then called the office and talked to the office manager and explained what had happened with Dr Pelikans gen prac and explained to her I was out of state (950) miles away and would be back in ST Louis in a couple months I was told that DR Pelikan would not prescibe my meds. I would have to come into the office. Then she proceeds to tell me there is a 40 payment due. I could have paid it over the phone. She refused to let me speak to DR Pelikan and told me he was thinking about dropping me as a patient because I called the exchange 2 times and it wasn't a real emergency. But I had to go to the hospital just two days prior with a fast heart rythem because of no meds. The office manager told me to go to a clinic in the state I was working. I would not waste my time with people like this. The office manager, DR Pelikan, and staff are completely unprofessional. These people do not care about your well being. If I don't take my heart meds it can cause stroke, heart rythem disturbances, high blood pressure and many others. Same with my thyroid meds. Do yourself a favor and find people who care about you.

Very disappointed

Posted on April 27th, 2015

Dr. Pelikan seems to be a very nice young man, but is sorely lacking in follow up with patients. You get your time with him in the office visit, but beyond that only get to speak with his nurse. I do not feel that he cared about me as a person and certainly not as a patient. To designate him as your primary care physician, one that knows you and cares about you, is a foolish move. When you need him, he simply is not there for you.

Posted on January 27th, 2015

He's a great Doctor I've been going to him since I was a little girl.

Posted on March 14th, 2014

Okay....let me make this perfectly clear.....I LOVE THIS DOCTOR !!! I recently had major back surgery and had some complications (no fault of my surgeon). I had not been seeing Dr. Pelikan vey long but he insisted on seeing me EVERY week until he pulled me through the crap I was going through ! He just recently made my next appt for 2 months down the road....so....I'm well on my way to recovery ! He is honest, kind, compassionate and really cares about his patients....I would recommend Dr. Pelikan to anyone wanting an excellent primary care physician !! Thank you Dr. Pelikan !

Best Primary Care Physician I've Ever Had

Posted on October 14th, 2010

Dr. Pelikan is kind, direct, personable and very easy to communicate with. I have never felt rushed or dissapointed in the manner he treats me as both a patient and a human being. Somewhat young physician and is only going to improve in his practice over time. I have reccomended as a physician to others and will continue to due so. This Physician was formerly on staff with SSM Healthcare and moved to EsseHealth; I switched from SSM and followed him to his new practice.

He is God Gifted

Posted on April 29th, 2010

He is the only dr I would ever see. My whole family goes to him God Bless you Dr P your the best your journey has just begun and God is with you all the way.

Posted on November 20th, 2017