Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark A Prevost has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Mark A Prevost has the following 16 expertise
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Fractures
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Spinal Stenosis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
Dr. Mark A Prevost has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark A Prevost is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I had a fusion in 2008. Dr. Prevost did my surgery. I have 2 rods and 6 screws. It's one of the worst things I've ever had done. It was miserable. 4 years after the surgery I am on MS Contin (Morphine) for pain. I am in pain every single day. Dr. Prevost thinks going from an 8 to a 6 on a pain scale is success. I beg to differ, I am the one that suffers every single day.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
23 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Mark A Prevost accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouthern Orthopedics And Sports Medicine, 2950 Highway 78 E, Jasper, AL
Dr. Mark A Prevost is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jasper, AL.