Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark Foster
Dr. Mark Foster, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Foster is affiliated with Heritage Valley Beaver, Same Day Surgery at UPMC-South Side and Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark Foster has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine
If you have a back injury or unexplained back pain, your doctor might refer you first to a radiologist and then to an orthopedic spinal surgeon. They specialize in the spine and can diagnose and treat spinal diseases such as scoliosis. They can also treat spinal injuries such as a displaced disc or a fracture, as well as disc degeneration and narrowing that occurs due to aging.
However, when your injury or condition affects the spinal canal or spinal cord, it’s typically better to consult with a neurosurgeon. It's worth noting that, while they're both referred to as surgeons, they can also recommend treatments that don't require an operation, such as non-surgical decompression therapy.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
After a period of time of enormous frustration, I came across Dr. Foster through a recommendation (actually several)... He has been a Godsend, and although unable to eliminate my condition he certainly has made it much more tolerable. The time spent with the patient is incredible in today's fast-paced medical world, thoroughly explaining, and/or answering any and all questions. Entertaining at times. He has two very interesting books which I would highly recommend you read at some point in time. I never expected the level of consistent professional high quality care that I have received and have been extremely pleased. Nothing to dislike of this Doctor. I would highly recommend to see him and stay with his plan of action. He has few peers in his category of spine specialty and a very pleasant demeanor, combined with an exceptional staff.
Dr. Foster is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Heritage Valley Beaver
Same Day Surgery at UPMC-South Side
Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
34 Years Experience
Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Graduated in 1979
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Mark Foster accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMark R Foster MD, 425 1st Ave, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Mark Foster is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.