Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark A Rettenmaier has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Mark A Rettenmaier has the following 4 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Mark A Rettenmaier has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Mark A Rettenmaier is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 59
Dr. Rettenmaier was so cruel to my family. We thought we were taking my sister home from Hoag Hospital, and he walked in the waiting room and said "She's going to die." No sympathy, just a flat statement which caused my mother to faint and fall on a chair. He has the least and poorest "bedside manner" and attitude toward patient's family I have ever seen. He's finally getting what he deserves, the creep.
Left my wife with a fistula after her first surgery. Was like oh well lets just do it again so a second surgery was performed that included a 30 day stay at Hoag to recover and it still wasn't right. Had to have a local Palm Springs Doctor do it a third time and everything was fine. This guy is rude, insensitive, knows everything and everyone but cant backup his talk. His staff and staff partners are the same maybe even worse. Runaway from this quack as fast as u can. I guess now seeing that he is a pedophile it explains his personality and that he had other things on his mind beside making himself and Hoag a ton of money from his careless mistakes
Dr. Rettenmaier performed a 3rd "exploratory" surgery on my mother back-to-back from her previous surgery the month before. He cut her top to bottom in this exploratory operation that took her years to bounce back from and that many of the other doctors whose care she was under deemed unnecessary. Go to someone else who has better bedside manner and really cares about his patients.
41 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Mark A Rettenmaier accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
Locations & DirectionsGynecologic Oncology Associates, 351 Hospital Rd Ste 507, Newport Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark A Rettenmaier in this video.
Dr. Mark A Rettenmaier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.