Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark N Rood has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Preventive Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
My husband, my son, and I have been going to Dr. rood for over 10 years. He is the best family practitioner we have ever gone to. In fact, several times when we had health problems that required seeing specialists, the specialists were wrong on the diagnoses and failed to correct the problems whereas Dr. Rood correctly diagnosed and successfully treated the problem. He has always been willing to listen to all of our questions and concerns and always takes the time to explain everything in simple terms with drawings. He never rushes us through a visit and is always kind and caring. We would highly recommend him.
When I was a patient of his I would generally have to wait at the minimum 45 minutes and at the maximum over 2 hours to be seen (only with this doctor). Befitting of his name dr. "rood" is very cold and distant. He has this uncanny ability of making you feel as if he is better then you and that your opinions regarding your own care mean zero. If you have little ones I would highly recommend you take them to one of the other 2 physicians in this practice as he doesn't have a very warm personality. Additionally, if your a female I would HIGHLY recommend not seeing this doctor, he just gave me the creeps. Please don't let my opion stop you though from seeing either Dr. Kale or Dr. Hudson as I've seen them both and there wonderful. The front office staff are great as well.
I have been going to Dr. Rood since 1997. He was the only doctor in the area who took medicaid. He still is. He is my primary care doctor and he listens to what I say and explains things so they can be understood. His staff is friendly and helpful and don't leave me hanging when I have to see the doctor or have a question. I would and have recommended him to friends and family.
Dr. Rood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Hospital Health System
Dr. Mark N Rood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouth Russell Family Practice, 5192 Chillicothe Rd Ste 101, Chagrin Falls, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark N Rood in this video.
Dr. Mark N Rood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chagrin Falls, OH.