Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark A Runfola has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 24
Dr Runfola is the kindest and most compassionate surgeon anyone could ever want. His miracle hands performed a very fatal surgery that has improved my quality of life. He was very honest in answering all my questions with some answers I did not want to hear. I knew my life was in his hands and with both our Faith being strong it was very successful. I have terminal cancer and the the surgery he performed on me has given me a life I hadn't had for sometime. He is a very respected surgeon and all the nurses had nothing but great things to say about him. To me he is a 5 Star Dr. Thank you very much Dr. Runfola I can't find words to express how grateful I am
Dr. Runfola has been my surgeon for almost a year now. He is seriously the most amazing man. My whole life was turned upside down with cancer diagnosis but he always keeps me calm. When you are in the office his attention is all on you no matter how busy he is. If i call in with questions his staff or himself contact you in a timely manner. He talks in terms you can understand and will answer any and all questions you have. He is beyond caring and I would recommend him to any person I know.
Doctor Runfola is both caring and an excellent doctor. I have had two surgeries with him and he explains everything in laymans terms. I would rate him among the best.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2009, 2012, 2008, 2016, 2014, 2010, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012, 2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Runfola is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1993
Good Samaritan Medical Center
Dr. Mark A Runfola accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Surgical Associates, 2945 S Dobson Rd, Mesa, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark A Runfola in this video.
Dr. Mark A Runfola is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesa, AZ.