Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark S Allen
Dr. Mark S Allen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, MN. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery), Surgery and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Allen has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark S Allen has the following 3 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Mark S Allen has the following 34 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Vascular Malformations
- Barrett Esophagus
- Lung Surgery (Pulmonary Surgical Procedures)
- Lung Diseases (Pleural Diseases)
- Varicose Veins
- Swallowing disorder (Deglutition Disorder)
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Diabetes Complications
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Gastrectomy (Stomach Removal)
- Smooth Muscle Cancer (Leiomyosarcoma)
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Mediastinum Cancer (Mediastinal Neoplasm)
- Lung Cancer
- Hiatal Hernia
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Body Weight
- Lymphatic Metastasis
- Esophageal Diseases
- Pleural Empyema
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Stomach Stapling (Gastroplasty)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Trachea Cancer
- Thoracic Cancer
Dr. Mark S Allen has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark S Allen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
36 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Mark S Allen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN
Dr. Mark S Allen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MN.