Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mark S Russo has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mark S Russo has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Dr. Mark S Russo is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark S Russo - Posted on July 17th, 2018
no bedside manor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark S Russo - Posted on June 29th, 2015
Best of the best
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark S Russo - Posted on January 24th, 2014
Dr. Russo is the best of the best. His academic mind is amazing. He discusses care with you, doesn't just tell you what to do, he actually wants your input! I have been seeing him for roughly 5 years and he is always on the ball and compassionate. I would recommend him to anyone needing a nephrologist.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark S Russo - Posted on August 26th, 2013
Dr. Russo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Mark S Russo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNAPLES NEPHROLOGY PA, 878 109th Ave N Ste 2, Naples, FL
Dr. Mark S Russo is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Naples, FL.