Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark W Sawka has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Women's Health
- Adolescent Medicine
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
- Preventive Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
I am absolutely floored at the way I was treated yesterday by him. Here are some highlights: 1) He told me to eat a 600 calorie diet since other forms of calorie restriction have not worked for me 2) He said I was lying that I have a problem with will power and restriction 3) He said always, always, always calorie restriction works that people want to hear that there is a medical reason for obesity but there NEVER is it is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS a will power and restriction issue ALWAYS! 4) He backed his claims by using the Holocaust and concentration camp survivors. He said there were no big people who came out of those camps. I have since learned the reason for that is not just because they were starved. The real reason is because obese prisoners were immediately put to death. 5) He used the words ___ (derogatory word for obeseity) and obese and overweight (the later two are acceptable). The fact that he said "___ people" to me is deplorable in and of itself if the Holocaust example isn't deplorable enough. 6) He said obese people try calorie restrictions for two days and it is too hard so they go out and get a couple of burgers from a fast food place (this is a direct quote) 7) He was unwilling to listen to me at all There is more, but, these are the thoughts I was able to gather. He verbally abused me and was negligent with me.
Dr. Sawka is very rude and his patient skills are that of a dead cat! He is clueless and I would not trust him with any medical issue. I am not sure why or how he still has his license but I will be writing to the State of Michigan on his behavior! He told me many of things but this is the one that really stuck with me. He said "I will not lose any sleep over your health." Well first of all I wouldn't expect anyone to lose sleep over my health but that was very unprofessional! I could list tons of other things but it is not worth my time. Its pretty bad when 4 of my other friends told me not to go to him before I made the actual appointment. All I can say is WOW!
Dr. Sawka is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Edward W Sparrow Hospital
Dr. Mark W Sawka accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMark W Sawka Md Pc, 25000 Hall Rd Ste 100, Woodhaven, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark W Sawka in this video.
Dr. Mark W Sawka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Woodhaven, MI.