Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark Schutz has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Mark Schutz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Schutz was fine for my procedure, it was the follow-up for payment that was horrible. After receiving a bill directly, rather than through insurance, we called his office and were assured that it was all fine and insurance would pay it. We kept receiving monthly statements for payment from MSH Anesthesia Associates and called every time, again being assured that we didn't have to worry about it because they were working it out with our insurance. Unfortunately, MSH Anesthesia called a collections agency to retrieve the payment. We called and discussed the matter with MSH Anesthesia, noting the previous several conversations we had over the past several months, and they didn't care. "We have to get paid," they said, but they hadn't ONCE called the insurance company. Apparently that's our problem and doesn't fall into their duties...? After they hung-up with us on the phone after an incredibly unprofessional call, we still have a collections agency knocking on our door, even after we offered to pay the bill in full to MSH and get reimbursed by the insurance company. I would stay away from this organization. We didn't even choose them - they were just associated with another doctor who performed the procedure.
Dr. Schutz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Laurel Regional Hospital
Montgomery General Hospital Inc
33 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Ciudad Juarez
Graduated in 1980
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Mark Schutz accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Locations & DirectionsMsh Anesthesia Associates, 5812 Durbin Rd, Bethesda, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark Schutz in this video.
Dr. Mark Schutz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethesda, MD.