Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark P Shampain
Dr. Mark P Shampain, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Allentown, PA, with another office in Allentown, PA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy & Immunology, Pediatric Allergy & Immunology and Pediatrics. Dr. Shampain has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark P Shampain has the following 3 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
- Pediatric Allergy & Immunology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Mark P Shampain has the following 8 expertise
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Infectious Disease
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
Dr. Mark P Shampain is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Well so after waiting four months for an appointment with this guy he just didn't show up. I'm beyond words with how disrespectful that is, i had to take four hours off of work..I've had hives since May, it's now Nov, and he just doesn't show up! I swear I'm just amazed at how little he obviously cares about the wellbeing of his patients. He needs to shut down his practice..NOW. Don't waste your time and schedule an appointment with this man, he won't show up. Nurse said he's been in three times this year.
I had an appointment today that I scheduled almost a month and a half ago. It was canceled about 5 hours before I was to come in and to my disappointment, the staff I interacted with wasn't apologetic for the inconvenience. Additionally, I wasn't accommodated in any way in trying to make a new appointment other than waiting another month and a half (until June) for a rescheduled appointment. At this point I will be looking into a new allergist as this was my first impression of the office. And sadly, when any colleagues or friends ask about my experience, this will be what I have to share.
The doctor ended up cancelling two appointments with less than an hr notice. By the time we got the call I had already driven the hour it takes us to get to his office and of course taken my child out of school to bring her there. We are not rescheduling.. But the office staff were courteous!
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
46 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Mark P Shampain accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark P Shampain in this video.
Dr. Mark P Shampain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allentown, PA.