Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark Shapson
Dr. Mark Shapson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Milwaukee, WI, with other offices in Milwaukee, WI and New Berlin, WI (and 4 other locations). He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Shapson is affiliated with Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-St Francis, St Mary's Hospital and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-St Joseph Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark Shapson has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mark Shapson has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Mark Shapson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Shapson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Mary's Hospital
St Joseph Rmc
Memorial Hospital Corp of Burlington
Columbia St MarysHospital Columbia
All Saints Medical Center St Marys
Aurora Lakeland Medical Center
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - Elmbrook Memorial
Aurora Medical Center Kenosha
Aurora West Allis Medical Center
Aurora Sinai Medical Center
Aurora Medical Center of Manitowoc County
Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center
Columbia Hospital, Inc.
Columbia St Marys Hospital Milwaukee
30 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1987
Sinai Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark Shapson in this video.
Dr. Mark Shapson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.