4.8

Have you seen Dr. Mark R Shaya?

Incredible Doctor

Dr. Shaya is by far one of the best doctors I've been seen by. He suggested that I get traction for my herniated disc and it has helped tremendously with my back pain and is noninvasive. I highly recommend Dr. Shaya to anyone looking for a great and knowledgeable neurosurgeon.

Incredible results!

I had terrible back and leg pain for years and tried everything; laser, epidural, physical therapy, acupuncture and chiropractic with no noticeable improvement. And, on top of the pain and no relief, it seemed that every doctor I saw was in a big rush to get to the next patient. Dr. Shaya is nothing like that. He listens, takes the time to clearly explain the diagnosis, and recommended treatment. He answers any and all questions completely, professionally and makes sure the you, the patient, understands clearly. And, best of all, he doesn’t have the typical “doctor type” ego. His office staff is extremely kind and accommodating, and if you can believe this, they will actually connect you directly with Dr. Shaya via mobile phone if he is available. Amazing! You can even text him. I was in incredible pain by the time my surgery day arrived. I couldn’t believe, after all these years, when I woke up from the anesthesia there was no more pain in my legs! Incredible. Just like that! Having spinal surgery is very scary but you can trust Dr. Shaya completely. I’m feel so blessed I was referred to him.

Pain free

Dr. Shaya did a great job on my lumbar slipped disc. He did similar surgery on my neighbor and he recommended me to Dr. Shaya. I have good movement now and can walk without pain.

Excellent

Dr. Shaya is without a doubt one of the best doctors I've ever been to. His bedside manner is second to none. I had surgery on my L4 and L5 years ago. 4 years later - I re-ruptured it. He did not immediately jump on surgery this time and advised me to do physical therapy and traction and helped me work though it all and so far. No surgery yet. I've recommended several friends to him and not one person has come back with anything negative to say about him. Wish more surgeons were like him.

Twice blessed!

This is the second time I have had surgeries with Dr. Shaya. The first surgery had gone wrong when a metal plate securing some fused cervical vertebrae migrated through the bone due to osteoporosis indenting the spinal cord. It took remarkable skill to remove the appliance and Dr Shaya had a rep from the manufacturer present to provide information. The rest of the surgery was clean up and repair of the previous fusions. In order to stabilize the neck another surgery was planned posteriorly with input from fellow surgeons. Ultimately the entire neck was stabilized from C2 through T1 through fusion of C2 through C7 and placement of screws bilaterally in C2 through T1 and locked into 2 rods. My neck was now aligned with no complications. Today I had an X-Ray for my follow up visit. What I saw on the computer screen was absolutely beautiful to me. Dr. Shaya is an exemplary surgeon that strives to give his patients the best possible outcome. I have been twice blessed!

All the way from Naples

Excellent Dr. He has operated on my back 2 times. 2nd was not a corrective, Generative spine disease.

Disabled

I have had to endure a total of 5 neck surgeries, 3 failed and the 2 corrective. The first surgery Dr. Shaya performed was to remove a plate that was pressing on my esophagus, touching on my thyroid gland and also pressing on my soft tissue, and to also remove the bone spurs. This was all confirmed by MRI, CT and X-ray. The second was to do a bilatteral laminectomy & foraminotomy. These were two very complicated surgeries and Dr. Shaya knowing what I had been through was very compassionate and empathetic towards me. It was a lot to endure but I am fortunate to have had a good Dr. to help me through one of the most difficult times in my life. From experience I can tell you in todays world there are not a lot of Drs like Dr. Shaya. He is honest and sincere and will go out of his way to help you. I am truly grateful for all Dr. Shaya has done to help me.

Extremely knowledgeable about my diagnosis. Great caring doctor that dedicates time to explain you condition and remedies.

Pre-Op Visit

Top Doc

You cant go wrong with Doc Shaya, one Of the Best!!!

Very satisfied

Patient

Dr. Mark R Shaya is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Coral Gables, FL.