Mark Shaya Is this you?

4.8

Have you seen Mark Shaya?

Pain free

Posted on December 10th, 2017

Dr. Shaya did a great job on my lumbar slipped disc. He did similar surgery on my neighbor and he recommended me to Dr. Shaya. I have good movement now and can walk without pain.

Excellent

Posted on September 10th, 2017

Dr. Shaya is without a doubt one of the best doctors I've ever been to. His bedside manner is second to none. I had surgery on my L4 and L5 years ago. 4 years later - I re-ruptured it. He did not immediately jump on surgery this time and advised me to do physical therapy and traction and helped me work though it all and so far. No surgery yet. I've recommended several friends to him and not one person has come back with anything negative to say about him. Wish more surgeons were like him.

Amazing at his dual certified expertise!!!

Posted on September 1st, 2017

My mom lives in Fort Myers and we traveled 2 hours over to Miami to be treated by Dr. Mark Shaya because this was the doctor we wanted to cure my mom of her pain from spinal stenosis! Let me just tell you he gave her, her life back. She woke up the very next day after a 2nd laminectomy performed 8 months later by Dr. Shaya and he fixed the problem immediately!!! So much for the first one performed by a different Dr. in N.Y. EPIC failure!!! Dr. Shaya and his amazing magical fingers worked his magic and he cured her of a bulging disc and nerve pain shooting down both legs. The very next day my mom was pain free in the legs and just normal soreness as a result of surgery. Before surgery I researched 4 doctors for her to see and Dr. Shaya was the second doctor and after visiting with him there was no reason to see anyone else!!!! He is so down to earth, calm and just knows his stuff. Amazing bedside manner just makes the patient feel safe and comfortable!! He explained exactly what needed to be done, recommended an amazing hospital-(North Shore Hospital of Miami) The Passionate Quality Care given by this hospital was amazing!!! From the time you walked through the door the staff was there to take care of all of your needs!! It was just a wonderful experience!!!!!! Not too many doctors can do that in Florida!! As a result of researching doctors in Fl. we learned you have to go with the doctor with the best patient reviews!!! I am happy to report that if you are a candidate with spinal stenosis or spine problems you can’t go wrong with this dual certified surgeon his office staff is amazing gets you in right away to take care of the problem. Dr Shaya and his staff are very prompt in their responses to their patients. I called the office at 6:20 am expecting to get the doctors service and to leave a message and the actual Dr. picked up to say “hello, how can I help you” at 6:20 a.m. it was amazing!!!!! I expressed my concern and he said he would see me later that morning because he had another surgery to perform!!! Two hours later he was in my mom’s hospital room to answer any questions that we had. This doctor was accessible by email and phone anytime during the day. This doctor is a master craftsmanship in his expertise what a GEM!!!! He is all about the care for the patient from the start to the finish!!! He’s not about the $$$$ his main concern is always the PATIENT and their well-being!!!!! My mom could not find a Dr. with these fine qualities in Fort Myers!!!! Clearly he is the “DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH”. You need to look no more-he is the answer to your problems!!!!!

Twice blessed!

Posted on October 15th, 2016

This is the second time I have had surgeries with Dr. Shaya. The first surgery had gone wrong when a metal plate securing some fused cervical vertebrae migrated through the bone due to osteoporosis indenting the spinal cord. It took remarkable skill to remove the appliance and Dr Shaya had a rep from the manufacturer present to provide information. The rest of the surgery was clean up and repair of the previous fusions. In order to stabilize the neck another surgery was planned posteriorly with input from fellow surgeons. Ultimately the entire neck was stabilized from C2 through T1 through fusion of C2 through C7 and placement of screws bilaterally in C2 through T1 and locked into 2 rods. My neck was now aligned with no complications. Today I had an X-Ray for my follow up visit. What I saw on the computer screen was absolutely beautiful to me. Dr. Shaya is an exemplary surgeon that strives to give his patients the best possible outcome. I have been twice blessed!

All the way from Naples

Posted on October 15th, 2016

Excellent Dr. He has operated on my back 2 times. 2nd was not a corrective, Generative spine disease.

Disabled

Posted on September 17th, 2016

I have had to endure a total of 5 neck surgeries, 3 failed and the 2 corrective. The first surgery Dr. Shaya performed was to remove a plate that was pressing on my esophagus, touching on my thyroid gland and also pressing on my soft tissue, and to also remove the bone spurs. This was all confirmed by MRI, CT and X-ray. The second was to do a bilatteral laminectomy & foraminotomy. These were two very complicated surgeries and Dr. Shaya knowing what I had been through was very compassionate and empathetic towards me. It was a lot to endure but I am fortunate to have had a good Dr. to help me through one of the most difficult times in my life. From experience I can tell you in todays world there are not a lot of Drs like Dr. Shaya. He is honest and sincere and will go out of his way to help you. I am truly grateful for all Dr. Shaya has done to help me.

Posted on September 12th, 2016

Extremely knowledgeable about my diagnosis. Great caring doctor that dedicates time to explain you condition and remedies.

Pre-Op Visit

Posted on June 13th, 2016

Top Doc

Posted on April 28th, 2016

You cant go wrong with Doc Shaya, one Of the Best!!!

Posted on April 19th, 2016

Very satisfied

Patient

Posted on March 30th, 2016

My savior!!!!

Posted on March 29th, 2016

Excellent surgeon, very professional and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend to everyone!!!