Dr. Mark Sibley Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Sibley?

I had the pleasure of having Dr Sibley do my eye surgery 2 years ago, he was very nice, informed of what was going on, excellent doctor to go to I recommend all my friends to see him

Posted on February 1st, 2017

Highly recommend Dr. Sibley

Posted on January 16th, 2017

I have known Dr. Sibley for years, and I have total faith in him. He did my cataract surgery 10 years ago. He is a very caring, compassionate man.

Amazing

Posted on May 9th, 2016

Dr. Sibley performed cataract surgery in both eyes last year (2014) and put in Crystal Lenses. To me the procedure and result were nothing short of miraculous. I recovered beautifully, my sight is restored at almost 20/20, and for the first time in over 50 years I am glasses free. I found Dr. Sibley and his staff courteous, professional, and informative. I always felt he answered all my questions and seemed to have time for me. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

Long Wait, Poor Manner, and Wrong Diagnosis

Posted on September 24th, 2015

As other reviewers have stated, this Doctor keeps you waiting, does not have time to explain his findings (instead, barks at his nurse to hand you a bunch of brochures on various conditions) - and is not a good diagnostician. His manner is horrible - obnoxious singing that turns to derogatory remarks about how you care for yourself - and then uncompassionate matter-of-fact diagnoses of serious conditions (which did not actually exist in my case). Luckily, he referred me to a qualified retinal specialist, who contradicted his findings and reassured me that my eyes were in good shape. Not sure if he is looking to perform unnecessary procedures for profit - or is simply incompetent. Look elsewhere.

Cannot recommend

Posted on August 19th, 2013

Dr. Sibley and his staff at the Florida Eye Center are all very nice people. However, five months after my cataract surgery I am just now able to see at a normal level out of my left eye. The short story is that after my first visit I had some reservations about his diagnosis and the competence of some of his staff and got a second opinion. The doctor giving the second was not overly enthusiastic, but concluded that Dr. Sibley was a competent surgeon. Setting aside my reservations, I therefore went ahead with left eye exams and initial measurements and the first eye operation, At the conclusion of the operation, when I came out of anesthesia, Dr. Sibley said that he had been required to put stitches in my eye due to the fact that he had made too large an incision. Consequently, my eyeball was abnormally swollen. In short, weeks passed and I remained essentially blind in my left eye. After five follow up visits with little progress, Dr. Sibley asked that I see a Retina Specialist, who found nothing wrong with my retina. Subsequent to that visit I was simply dropped by the Florida Eye Center. I heard nothing from them as the weeks passed. The vision in my left eye remained cloudy. Finally I insisted that something be done. Subsequently, the Center referred me to a Corneal Specialist whose exam indicated that I need the Corina scraped, as it had sever irregularities, something Dr. Sibley had mentioned but had not prescribed and which apparently should have been done prior to the initial measurements. The Corneal Specialist performed this procedure and finally my vision has been mostly restored. Lastly, had I had it to do over again, I would probably not have chosen the Crystalline Lens which is expensive and has not, in my opinion, lived up to his billing as provided by the Center. According to the Corneal Specialist it did not completely correct my astigmatism as was indicated it would do on the Florida Eye Center handout. Therefore, regrettably, I cannot recommend the Florida Eye Center as a place to have Cataract Surgery performed and would seek help elsewhere.

Is that IT??

Posted on March 26th, 2013

This doctor marched into the room all cheering as if we've met before and he hasn't seen me in a while.Due to the nature of my every day life, I thought that was the case. After telling me I had both glaucoma and cataracts, he gave me no time to ask any questions, he left the room and never came back. So doc, what about treatment? My eyes ache and are tired. No drops? I am seeking another doctor for sure. If after $250 a patient is left with so many questions and no answers, you don't deserve to get him back.

Successful IntraLASIK Patient

Posted on February 28th, 2013

I did not go to Dr. Sibley's main office in St. Pete. I went to TLC Tampa for IntraLASIK surgery and Dr. Sibley was the surgeon that perfomed my surgery, so this review is about the TLC facility and Dr. Sibley's surgery performance and "bedside manner".. Dr. Sibley was very polite and courteous. He explained to me the procedure to my satisfaction and off we went into the operating room. The procedure was very quick and mostly painless (I felt slight pain in my left eye, but it was bearable). My eyes were sore and my vision was blurry that night, but the next morning my eyes were not sore at all and I saw crystal clear. I went to my post op appointment that afternoon and I had 20/15 vision! I could not even see the big "E" on the eye chart before the surgery, but had 20/15 the day after?! Amazing! So I am very grateful to Dr. Sibley for performing my surgery and also personally calling me the next morning to check on me. I LOVE MY NEW EYES! Thanks Doc!

Amazed

Posted on February 22nd, 2013

Florida Eye Center has it all. Friendly voices, smiling faces, caring people! Dr. Sibley and his staff made me feel like family. I came in for my appointment, was greeted by friendly faces who helped me fill outmy paperwork. Then I was taken back to an exam room where a technician checked my vision and did measurements of my eyes. When my eyes were dilating, I went over to the glasses shop and was amazed with their selection. The ladies in there were very helpful (especially because I'm so picky). Then I remember a staff member telling me it was my turn to see Dr. Sibley. I will say, I did have to wait in the room for a little longer than I expected. Although, everytime I would hear or see him walking out of the room with a patient he was smiling and laughing along with the patient. That made me feel like I was in the right place. When Dr. Sibley entered my room, he came in singing and smiling welcoming me to Florida Eye Center. During his exam he was very detailed. He explained my condition in a way that I understood. He didn't just give me the words out of a medical book. I have cataracts growing and although he says the aren't ripe yet, I know where and who will be doing my surgery! I felt very comfortable with everyone at his office. I see others have complained about the wait time to see him. Seeing how successful he is, Dr. Sibley is worth the wait. No other office was as detailed as his. I've been having my eyes examined for 52 years and have never been more immpressed.

Rude

Posted on November 30th, 2012

After specifically calling and asking me to come 1 hour and 45 minutes earlier than my scheduled appointment, I was then left waiting for 1 1/2 hours at which time I got up and left! There is no excuse for treating any patient with such a lack of courtesy.

Posted on June 15th, 2012

Dr. Sibley is amazing, and I would definitely recommend him.

Crystalens Success!

Posted on April 12th, 2012

I am a crystalens success story due to Dr. Sibley who completely restored the vision in both of my eyes. I went from nearly blind to 20/20 both eyes. I highly recommend Dr. Sibley and the Florida Eye Center!

never a problem

Posted on January 5th, 2012

never a problem here, been going to Dr. Sibley for years.