Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark Siegel
Dr. Mark Siegel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine and Hospitalist. Dr. Siegel is affiliated with Richmond University Medical Center, Mount Sinai Brooklyn and SVCMC-St Vincents Manhattan. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark Siegel has the following 3 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Colorectal Cancer
- Viral Human Hepatitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 0 of
Dr. Siegel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Richmond University Medical Center
Mount Sinai Brooklyn
SVCMC-St Vincents Manhattan
Brooklyn University Hospital
Beth Israel Medical Center
Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute
Elmhurst Hospital Center
St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
University Hospital of BrooklynSuny Downstate
St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital/St. Luke's Hospital Division
Univ Hosp of Brooklyn-SUNY Ctr
Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
37 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Jackson Health System
Dr. Mark Siegel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMark I Siegel MD, 60 Gramercy Park N, New York, NY
Dr. Mark Siegel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.