Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark B Sigmond has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
While his diagnosis was correct his attempt to to fix my knee was horrible. He administered 5 injections into my knee to have it stregthen my cartilage but my knee was too far gone to have them work. My boiling point was after the fifth injection he said 'If these dont work we can administer them again in a year. You can have cortizone shots to help with the pain too.' Uh, what? If these injections werent going to work why fleece me for the cost of having them done. I got a second opinion and that specialist said my knee was too far gone that the injections werent going to work. If you want a GREAT Ortho specialist go see Dr. Shauffhausen at Twin Cities Ortho.
46 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Mark B Sigmond accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLance Michael Silverman Md, 1000 W 140th St # 202, Burnsville, MN
Dr. Mark B Sigmond is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burnsville, MN.