Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark J Sontag has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Mark J Sontag has the following 8 expertise
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Sports Medicine
- Surgery Recovery
- Nerve Damage
- Chronic Pain
Dr. Mark J Sontag is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Poor listener, insensitive, condescending, no compassion. Doesn't even support his colleagues. His staff is rude, because this is what he models. The practice has a hierarchical system. You are not allowed to see anyone else in the practice unless he isn't available. I saw two other doctors once each that were caring and helpful, but he wouldn't let me see them again. All he cares about is his tie to the Sharks team.
He cares more about the insurance and his relationship the insurance company than the patient and his/her health!He might even gang up with the insurance company and not do many needed tests and procedures!He used to work for the insurance company and he still feels they are his employer.Maybe he is different if you are not a Worker's comp patient!He misdignosed me two times!
Dr. Sontag accurately diagnosed my pain and treated it immediately. Within minutes pain started subsiding. He was extremely gentle in the handling of my very painful shoulder. I highly recommend Mark Sontag .
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
35 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Mark J Sontag accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsRemidies Medical Group, 363 Main St Ste C, Redwood City, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark J Sontag in this video.
Dr. Mark J Sontag is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redwood City, CA.