Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark A Steinhauser
Dr. Mark A Steinhauser, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Paul, MN. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Steinhauser is affiliated with Woodwinds Health Campus, St John's Hospital and St Joseph's Hospital. Dr. Steinhauser has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark A Steinhauser has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Mark A Steinhauser has the following 8 expertise
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Mark A Steinhauser is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Steinhauser has been my family doctor for many, many years. He is a good listener which is critical to communication with me as a patient. It is also essential to starting a diagnosis. Dr. Steinhauser is professional and caring in his meetings and treatment and although he has to see many patients, he and his nursing staff take time to answer any questions or concern I have had. If lab or test results are inscrutable to me, I can call the office and he or his staff answer in English, any questions I have about the lab results that I do not comprehend. In addition, Dr. Steinhauser does not hesitate to refer me to a specialist if he feels that would facilitate a healthy outcome for me. I am very fortunate to have had Dr. Steinhauser as my general practitioner.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Steinhauser is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Mark A Steinhauser accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEntira Family Clinics, 2716 Upper Afton Rd E Ste 2, Saint Paul, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark A Steinhauser in this video.
Dr. Mark A Steinhauser is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Paul, MN.