Dr. Mark Sultan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Sultan?

He's an artist

Posted on November 13th, 2017

I can't speak highly enough of Dr. Sultan. Not only has he been a superb surgeon, he's also a kind, generous human being. He remembers me as a young breast cancer patient after more than 20 years.

Dr. Sultan gave me my life back!

Posted on November 13th, 2017

I am writing to thank Dr. Sultan and express what a difference my surgery has made in my life. I have two young children ages 3 and 5. I have always been thin and in good health. I stand 5’6” and prior to my first pregnancy weighed approximately 115 pounds. I didn’t diet nor exercise. I had a normal life and a normal job. After I gave birth, everything changed. I was in labor for 18 hours when my doctor thought it was necessary to perform a C-section. I gave birth to an 8lb 9oz baby boy. I remained in the hospital for 4 days. For at least 2 weeks after coming home, my legs and feet were so swollen I could barely walk. I was in so much pain in my rectum, I could barely do the stairs. Having to have a bowel movement was excruciating. I didn’t even realize it wasn’t normal. I gradually recovered but I never returned to my normal self. My stomach never tightened up but that was the least of my problems. I developed anal fissures which never healed and I lived in fear every time I had to go to the bathroom. My second child was born a little over 2 years later. He was also a big baby weighing 8lbs. 11oz. He too was delivered by C-section. I had hopes maybe my problems would miraculously clear up. They did not. My bathroom issues got worse. At times, I would bleed profusely and the pain was debilitating. The rectal pain was not just limited to bowel movements. It was always present; walking, having intercourse, having a gynecological exam, even sitting! I was beginning to forget what normal felt like. If I knelt down my stomach would just hang. No amount of exercise many any difference. During this period, I went from one doctor to another; numerous colorectal surgeons, dermatologists, ob-gyns, thyroid doctors, etc... I was even referred to an infectious disease doctor by the 3rd dermatologist. One of the instructors at a gym I used to go to came close to hitting the nail on the head. As I understood or misunderstood she felt that my muscles may have been separated from my fascia and I might need surgery. In the meantime, I started seeing a doctor in NYC who after sending me for numerous tests concluded that I would be a patient that would live in pain for the rest of my life and just maybe he could help by administering Botox injections into my rectum to paralyze the muscles. Although, extremely painful and costly as well as embarrassing, I thankfully went every 6 weeks. At least for a few weeks at a time, I was relatively pain free and had somewhat of a normal life. That too did have it drawbacks. If I felt the urge to have a bowel movement I could not wait long. I had to get to a bathroom; not always an easy task if you’re out with 2 small children. Yes, there were times I had an accident or two. Again…quite embarrassing. The anesthesiologist that worked alongside the well respected and highly regarded colorectal surgeon I had been seeing for colonoscopies, recommended Dr. Sultan. Dr. Sultan never tried once to convince me to have the surgery. He explained to me that my abdominal muscles had separated due to my pregnancies and nothing was holding my stomach in and that all of my internal organs were just kind of hanging there (laymen’s terms). Well I took the risk, and had the surgery 8 months ago and I could not have asked for a better outcome. My muscles have all been reattached and all my organs are back where they should be and lo and behold all my rectal issues are gone. I have not needed anymore Botox injections and I no longer have fissures nor am I bleeding. On top of all that I look good and I am happier and more confident than I’ve been in 6 years. However, I do not want anyone to think this was not a painful surgery. Nor was the recovery a walk in the park. In spite of all this, I would do it again. I am no longer living in daily pain. Through it all Dr. Sultan was wonderful. He is a skilled surgeon. I love his honesty and forthrightness. He is compassionate and supportive while still maintaining a sense of humor. His office staff (Ms. Grabler, Ms. Bodner, and Ms. Shannon) and his private care nurses (Ms. Kaskoun, Ms. Lombardo and Ms. Scott) who work with him are also wonderful. They are efficient and knowledgeable. The private care nurses quite literally pulled me though those first days. Thank you Dr. Sultan for everything. Thank you for giving me a pain free life back. And of course, for looking great too!

Absolutely recommend Dr. Sultan

Posted on October 9th, 2017

After careful consideration, I chose Dr. Sultan to perform breast augmentation procedure. I 100% thrilled with the natural looking results. I went from a small A to a B. Dr. Sultan was attentive and really understood the look I wanted to achieve. His entire staff was also extremely thorough and supportive. The procedure and recovery period were easier than I expected. I only wonder why I did not do this sooner.

Mommy makeover surgery

Posted on October 9th, 2017

Dr. Sultan changed my life. Great results, helpful staff, great experience.

Excellent face lift and breast reduction

Posted on September 28th, 2017

Dr. Sultan is a gifted surgeon. The results of my facelift, then breast reduction far exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend him.

Terrible experience

Posted on July 20th, 2017

Zero bedside manner. Zero compassion. Extremely sorry I chose him as my trusted surgeon.

Stands behind his work and is unbelievably talented

Posted on July 6th, 2017

I saw Dr. Sultan 12 years ago for breast reconstruction after breast cancer and he has been nothing short of amazing ever since. He COMPLETELY stands behind his work. Since my reconstruction there have been several new techniques and he offered to completely start over and re-do the entire job for me, while also touching up my tummy tuck as an added bonus. I opted to add in a surgery to reduce the puffiness around my eyes. I am shocked by my results. Better than I could have imagined. I trust Dr. Sultan completely. He is a perfectionist with his skillful work. I have zero hesitation in recommending him. He makes me feel like we are family.

Dr. Sultan is one of the most talented and kindest physicians you will find anywhere. His results, his professionalism, his bedside manner and his support staff are all unparalleled.

Posted on May 18th, 2017

My eyes look bad

Posted on March 17th, 2017

Either he had his assistant practice on me or he has become jaded, but my eyelids are uneven, and not a day goes by when it doesn't bother me. Really disappointed.

Posted on March 13th, 2017

I had a partial face lift with Dr. Mark Sultan. Several of my friends and people I barely knew recommended him highly. Dr. Sultan explained the procedure and the care I would need after. I look 15 years younger and the most important fact for me is that I look totally natural. Some face lifts are so plastic and fake looking. I would highly recommend Dr. Sultan. He is a true artist and a kind, amazing doctor.

Posted on March 13th, 2017

I saw Dr. Sultan for breast reconstruction following breast cancer and radiation. He is kind, caring and explained every step of the way to me. His PA,s are wonderful and called me back any time I had a question. I am so grateful to Dr.Sultan for the beautiful work he did and for his warmth and professional manner.

Amazing Results

Posted on February 6th, 2017

Dr. Sultan did an amazing job on my breast reduction and I couldn't be happier with the results. Dr. Sultan and his entire staff were extremely helpful before, during and after my surgery. The office is very professional, friendly and run very well. No matter who answered the telephone, they answered my questions. I can't say enough good things about this office only that I wish every doctor's office was run this way and that every doctor showed the care that Dr. Sultan did.