Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark T Adams has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
We ended up switching doctors in the practice when my son was just over a month old. Dr. Adams missed a double ear infection on our son that was thankfully caught by a nurse practitioner. His methods seem dated. He didn't acknowledge the literature that shows a relationship between difficulty in breastfeeding with lip/tongue tie and he pushed having baby sleeping in own room from day one whereas if you looks at SIDS research there is evidence suggesting a bassinet in parents room may be better. It is my understanding he is the owner of the practice and they have a ridiculous policy where they charge $25 to get your child's records if you level their practice which we ultimately did. In my opinion, he is in buisness these days to make money, not stay current on the research. He is a nice person though, just not for our family.
He is so quick to say the mom is just a new mom that he misses things that are actually wrong. I am fairly educated and ask my mom and sister before I ever call a doctor to make sure I am not overreacting (both of them are ob and pediatric nurses). Yet when I take my child in for an appointment, I am either scolded for differing in opinion, or I am belittled. My neighbor and I were just talking about how we did not like our pediatricians and it turned out we went to the same one. We had the exact same complaints, so no, it's not me. I guess I am just looking for someone who supports mothers' I tuition more. Oh, and he has never called back to check on my child.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
38 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Riley Hospital For Children
Dr. Mark T Adams accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsFort Wayne Pediatrics, 2514 E Dupont Rd Ste 100, Fort Wayne, IN
Dr. Mark T Adams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Wayne, IN.