Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark T Fleming
Dr. Mark T Fleming, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hampton, VA. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Fleming is affiliated with Orthopaedic Hospital at Sentara CarePlex. Dr. Fleming has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark T Fleming has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mark T Fleming has the following 10 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Palliative Care
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
Dr. Mark T Fleming has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Fleming is an amazing person and physician. I have known him for 20+ years and I trust him with my life. He is a brilliant medical mind. His patients are fortunate to be in his capable hands & care. He is an extrodinarily gifted doctor with an exceptional bedside manner. I recommend him very highly.
Thought my husband did not survive aggressive prostate cancer, Dr. Fleming was most helpful. His compassion for my husband as well as for me was unmet by any other health professional we encountered throughout the journey. His nursing staff was/is the best. I will always be grateful to him for all that he tried to do for us. Yes, if your loved one or friend is diagnosed with protate cancer, Dr. Fleming is definitely the way to go.
He was very personable with me at my appointment. He definitely is very knowledgeable about prostate cancer and the processes and treatment of the disease. He is also very interested in the latest research and clinical trials that are going on for prostate cancer. He takes the time to listen to what you have to say during the appointment. If you have prostate cancer in Hampton Roads, he's your doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Fleming is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Temple University Health System
Dr. Mark T Fleming accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsVirginia Oncology Associates Pc, 3000 Coliseum Dr Ste 104, Hampton, VA
Dr. Mark T Fleming is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hampton, VA.