Dr. Mark Jackson Is this you?

4 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Mark Jackson?

Breastfeeding moms may want to look elsewhere

Posted on November 29th, 2012

Was with Dr. Jackson for 6 months with my infant. We exclusively breastfed and were not given any information to support the practice. Instead, we were given the standard issue "welcome new baby bag of free formula, coupons, etc" supplied by formula companies. The practice of giving these bags to new mothers is not supportive of what the AAP recommends in the way of supporting medical best practice: breastfeeding (if possible). My child was diagnosed with a case of thrush in his mouth but the Dr. told me nothing of how I could also have it and how we could be passing it back and forth to one another via breastfeeding. Therefore, we continued to suffer from this until I sought additional medical treatment. Dr. Jackson may be good in other areas, but his old-school mentality is out of line with new AAP guidelines and was lacking when it came to the health of my child and myself.

Posted on December 22nd, 2016