Dr. Mark Shapiro Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Mark Shapiro?

Posted on November 19th, 2015

Rushed through my eye exam.. No good bedside manner.

Very Rude and Uncaring

Posted on October 23rd, 2015

I was recommended to see Dr. Shapiro by my general doctor because I have had a problem with blurred vision in my left eye for almost 3 months. However, I can pass a vision test with 100% accuracy even though my left eye is blurred, which doesn't make any sense. About 10 years ago, my left eye done this same thing and I never found out what it was even though I saw several doctors and specialist. It cleared up on it's own. Now it's back again, and I need to find out what is causing this. When I tried to explain to Dr. Shapiro my past eye problem (10 years ago) and that it is the same thing happening now, his exact words were, "That's no concern to me." I tried to explain to him that it also happens if I eat fish and he interrupted me to tell me that doesn't interest him. He did the vision tests and wrote a prescription for glasses. I asked him why did he think glasses would help since none of the lenses on the machine he used took away the blurriness. His exact answer was, "Well, you don't have to use them all the time. Just when you think you need them." My right eye is perfect but the prescription for glasses included both eyes. He couldn't give me a answer for that either and got upset when I asked why. He couldn't give me any real answers to my questions and was the rudest doctor I have ever been to. I didn't include every detail in this story, but I was so upset I left his office. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. In my opinion, he doesn't care about his patients. He doesn't deserve to be a doctor. He is a disgrace!

Great Experience!

Posted on November 4th, 2014

I was very pleased with Dr. Shapiro and his staff. I had lasik eye surgery and have never seen so clear! The nurse took me back and was very personable and thorough. I had a detailed evaluation with Dr. Shapiro and felt very comfortable with his experience and professionalism. I would recommend him for anyone who is thinking about having lasik. You will be so glad you did!!

ex-patient

Posted on September 15th, 2014

performed procedure on the wrong eye...no admission of error, no apology, no remorse, no discount, no nothing...greensboro

Money hungry

Posted on February 4th, 2014

Dr. is not personable. He is very awkward and aloof. His hard television marketing of the Lasik assembly line makes you wonder if he is just about the money. Not impressed with him at all.

Posted on November 29th, 2012

When I was taken back to get my eye exam, the woman waiting on me was obnoxious, bossy, rude and condescending. Alcohol had gotten into my eye after she cleaned an instrument, (accident, it happens), I stated how badly my eye was burning, she stated "It was not her fault!, it was something that I had done." I was not offered anything to rinse my eye out with, compress or anything. She reprimanded me time and time again, I left because I am not being talked to like that. Even the office staff up front, after finding out I had alcohol in my eye did not offer any type of assistance. I am highly disappointed in this place. My family has been going to this place since the early 1980's. It's not the doctor I hold acountable, it's the staff. My eye continued to burn for nearly 30 minutes, until I could drive myself home to tend to it.

Posted on September 20th, 2012

Dr Shapiro has been my eye Dr since 2007 when I had my LASIK surgery. He is very professional and courteous. This is why I continue with my care there.

good doctor, great staff

Posted on February 17th, 2011

I disagree with the person who wrote this is a LASIK factory. They spent over 90 minutes performing many different tests to see if I was a good LASIK candidate. The staff was very warm and caring. Yes, Dr. Shapiro does lots of LASIK, but it didn't feel like I was being rushed or they didn't care. Just the opposite. I thought I was given lots of informatin and attention

Posted on November 21st, 2017