Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark T Smith has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
When I had my baby I was very nervous about choosing a pediatrician! We met Dr. Smith when he happened to be the one who examined our little bundle of joy in the hospital and immediately felt comfortable with him taking care of our little guy! We have now been using him for 10 months and still feel the same way! He is amazing with our sweet boy and is always very thorough and takes his time answering questions! We never have a wait over 10 minutes in the waiting room or after seeing the nurse! We are new parents and he is very understanding of our overprotectiveness (even telling us that we can blame it on him) and never seems bothered by our million questions!We never feel rushed by him, and he always knows what is going on with our little boy. :) He is a wonderful doctor and I plan on using him for all of my children! :)
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1974
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Mark T Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexas Childrens Pediatrics-Fall Creek, 9701 N Sam Houston Pkwy E Ste 170, Humble, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark T Smith in this video.
Dr. Mark T Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Humble, TX.