Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mark T Watkins has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mark T Watkins has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure
- Shortness of Breath
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Exercise Stress Test
- Heart Failure
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Chest Pain
Dr. Mark T Watkins is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark T Watkins - Posted on July 12th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark T Watkins - Posted on May 8th, 2017
71 years and my first visit to a Doc. Wow if this guy knows 1/100 about medicine as his patients thinks he does he's got my vote for Sec. of Health and Human Services. This office is a machine with nothing but smiles and "How are you doing today". I come from a family of Doc's and was raised on Castor Oil. This guy is off the hook. Thanks you very much for your kindness. The staff should be paid twice what they are. "Is there a Doctor in the house"
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark T Watkins - Posted on May 23rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark T Watkins - Posted on April 28th, 2016
AFTER THE INITIAL PROCEDURE IS FINISHED, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE THIS DOCTOR. HE DOES NOT ANSWER PHONE CALLS AND WILL NOT SEE A PATIENT ON A STAND-BY BASIS IN THE CASE OF AN EMERGENCY. HE REFERS ALL POST-TREATMENT PATIENTS TO HIS NURSE PRACTITIONER, OLIVIA NEAL, FOR ANY FOLLOW-UP OBSERVATIONS OR TREATMENTS. HE IS AN ASSEMBLY-LINE PHYSICIAN WHO IS TOTALLY ALOOF, ARROGANT AND DISCONNECTED FROM HIS PATIENTS. IN ADDITION, DR. WATKINS IS A HORRIBLE DIAGNOSTICIAN!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark T Watkins - Posted on March 24th, 2015
Dr. Watkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. Mark T Watkins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Mark T Watkins
You can visit Dr. Watkin's web site at www.coastal-cardiology.com. Earned undergraduate degree from West Georgia College, Carrollton, GA.
Locations & DirectionsCOASTAL CARDIOLOGY PC, 3226 Hampton Ave Ste A, Brunswick, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark T Watkins, MD in Brunswick, GA, in this video.
Dr. Mark T Watkins is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Brunswick, GA.