Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark S Tanker has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Liver Diseases
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Tanker takes time with you. He answers questions easily. Dr. Tanker is a kind man, and a good doctor. Having a colonoscopy or endoscopic exam is a nervous event. Dr. Tanker and his staff help alleviate the fear. The nurse anesthetist held my hand before the test began. Dr. Tanker talks with you and gives encouragement before the proceedure. The nursing staff before and after the proceedure give you competent care sense of comfort. The practice is a good place to go for these troublesome proceedures.
dr tanker spent approx 45 mins with me for a pre-colonoscopy consultation. I liked that. asked ALOT of questions and did check-up. this was my first procedure with him. my first colonoscopy, 3 yrs ago, was with someone else. first guy was really good, dr tanker was even better. colonoscopy with tanker was a BREEZE. his facilility in NE philly is state of art. highly recommended. he found and removed 2 polyps.
41 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Mercy Catholic Medical Center
Dr. Mark S Tanker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPhiladelphia Gastroenterology, 700 Cottman Ave Ste 201, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark S Tanker in this video.
Dr. Mark S Tanker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.