Dr. Mark J Tatara Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Mark J Tatara?

Careless

I started to bring my mom to Dr Tatara a few months ago. They informed her she had half the red blood cells that she needed. He informed her to get an anemia test and come back in a week. Out of concern, we took her to the ER. She needed 2 blood transfusions, iron, a CT scan, a biopsy and a colonoscopy. They never checked her head, and the blood loss was found there when it was too late. She died 1 week after Dr. Tatara simply told her to come back in a week.

Great doctor, just found

This doctor is new to his practice with Advocate, but he doesn't work in Fort Wayne any longer. He moved to Downers Grove, and is working here now at the office on South Main St.

sick person

He totally ignored my serious medical issues my OV and sent me on my way. I ended up in the ER because he did not want to deal with me. I felt like one in a herd of cattle. He sees 35 patients a day but does not do anything to help you what so ever, Next!

mr

very impressed with my 1st visit. took the time and explained everything to me we made a GREAT game plan for my future. weight loss, and CAD. he took the time and listen to my concerns. explained to him my previous doctor retired and looking for new internist. I made the right choice. also the staff was awesome as well. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

he is a great Dr. I have been going to him for a long time and he is very informative

Conscientious and competent

I trust Dr. Tatara more than I most doctors I have met in the last 15 years. And I have seen dozens. I noticed some complaints about is 'lack of eye contact' or 'looking at the computer instead of the patient.' These things are not *untrue*; but they miss the point. To me, he seems shy a little, yet very cerebral. He has the rare ability to utter the words "I don't know". This takes bravery. The cowardly response is to posture and pontificate. He also seems to have a good grasp of the 'big picture.' Yes, I wish he were not so stressed for time. But all providers have to work with that constraint. And I think his high tech approach does minimize errors (hopefully). Lastly, he is compassionate. I find it rare for a physician to be both 'brainy' and 'humane'. Yes: he does seem to want to run away if you start to cry or anything like that. But, for some reason, he still manages to exude caring vibes. Too bad there are not more like him.

Dr. Tatara has been our family doctor since 1991. From our experience, he has been on target each time and listens to his patients. We have been to him with several illnesses and health issues, so feel we have truly put him to the test, so to speak. I would recommend him to anyone and am thankful we have had such a knowledgeable doctor all these years!

So glad I switched doctors to him

I switched doctors to Dr. Mark because I'd heard such good things about him. My previous doctor had me taking so many different meds. Dr. Mark questioned several meds and kept reducing the meds to see if they were really needed. I am now off all meds. He listens, he cares, he's on time for appointments and takes the time with me to hear me out. I could not be happier with the care I receive from him. Switching was the best decision I'd made in a long time.

My Mom would have lived longer had she not been under his care.

My Mom was having paralysis in her legs and he sent her home from the emergency room twice. Once she was admitted third trip back within two days, he waited from Monday to Saturday to call in a nurologist. By that time she was totally paralyzed. They moved her to intensive care and was diagnosed with Guillian Barre. He would not listen to me or any of my siblings though the whole process. He actually told me when I tried to question him about my mom

Bad experience

I have been a patient of Dr. Tataras for almost ten years, he likes my husband, does not like me as it is very apparent in his demeanor. If you think you know your own body even just a little bit, it is HIS way or nothing. I am changing doctors immediately and he just sits at his computer and does not listen to what you are saying or your concerns. just types in his computer. I am so dissapointed, I was in tears at his office and he did not bat an eye.