Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark Tellez
Dr. Mark Tellez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Worth, TX. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery. Dr. Tellez is affiliated with Kindred Hospital Fort Worth, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark Tellez has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Mark Tellez is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Tellez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kindred Hospital Fort Worth
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
HEALTHSOUTH City View Rehabilitation
JPS Diagnostic and Surgery Hospital of Arlington
Plaza Medical Center
Jps Health Network
Baylor All Saints Medical Centers
Harris Methodist H E B
Texas Health Fort Worth
John Peter Smith
Baylor All Saints
31 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Mark Tellez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions1500 S Main St, Fort Worth, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark Tellez in this video.
Dr. Mark Tellez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.