Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark M Tomsho has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Showing 5 of 12
DR. TOMSHO, HE IS THE HEART OF OUR CHILDREN.HE'S TIME FOR THE CHILDREN IS GREAT.HE CARES, HE IS DEVOTED TO HIS CHILDREN, YES ALL OF OUR CHILDREN ARE HIS CHILDREN, HE IS LIKE A FATHER,AND HE HAS SO MUCH WISDOM, IF YOU DO NOT LEARN FROM HIM,THEN YOU DID NOT PAY ATTION TO WHAT HE HAD TO SAY. IT HAS ENRICHED MY LIFE LEARNING FROM HIM, AND MAKE ME A BETTER PARENT. AND I THANK HIM AND HIS STAFF FOR A JOB WELL DONE. MAY HE ALWAYS BE HERE FOR US.WE DON'T KNOW WHERE WE WOULD HAVE BEEN TODAY WITHOUT HIM, MY HAT OFF TO YOU, YOU ARE A BLESSING
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
36 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Mark M Tomsho accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSummersville Regional Medical Center, 400 Fairview Heights Rd, Summersville, WV
Dr. Mark M Tomsho is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Summersville, WV.