Dr. Mark Fortson Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Mark Fortson?

Dr. Fortson is great. The staff...not so much.

Posted on July 13th, 2017

Dr. Fortson has always been an amazing Doctor. My family has seen him for many years. He has gone out of his way to help us. When he was at Dubuque Internal Medicine, he had a great staff. At another office, not so much. Dr. Fortson is an amazing, caring doctor that any person should be grateful to have. One of my favorite memories of him is from many years ago... 15 or 20 years. My son was a teenager and became ill with symptoms of stroke. He had seen Dr. Fortson for migraines. It was late at night. I took him to the emergency room. We were very worried. We were told that it was probably a migraine. I was surprised to hear this because I had never heard of that before. They took him in for tests. While I was waiting, I glanced up and saw Dr. Fortson. I greeted him. He asked what I was doing there and when I told him, he walked over to me. My son was coming out of x-ray from tests and Dr. Fortson walked over and ordered another test. Keep in mind that this man was there late at night for another patient. He stayed there until the test was finished and then explained everything that was going on. He has always been very dedicated to his patients. There have been many times that he helped my family and also some of my friends. I have learned that he is leaving his practice. I wish him well in all of future endeavors. I have the highest regards of him as a doctor.

Posted on September 21st, 2016

I've seen Dr. Fortson numerous times, and overall, I believe he is a good doctor. Unlike my previous doctors, he actually asks me if my problems have increased or decreased and actually seems to care for the wellbeing of his patients.

Christine Hanan

Posted on June 12th, 2012

Pushes pills like crazy

Posted on May 12th, 2012

Overprescribes pain pills and sleep aids without question, when I complained that the amount of my intake was scaring me, he told me that high of amount was fine and wouldn't hurt me. I nearly died from it when I accidentally OD'd. I got off the pills and got my life back. Dr. Fortson may be a good doctor for some, but he wasn't for me.

horrible doctor

Posted on July 27th, 2011

He misdiagnosed me!!!!!

Be aware of this doctor

Posted on June 17th, 2009

If you are already a patient of this doctor make sure you get a complete copy of your reports including any testing he has ordered for you! He does not discuss results with you in detail he will over charge for time spent, and he talks down to you like you are beneath him. When you try and call; his staff is rude and he will not return calls. He makes mistakes with records, either by combining two patients within one file or having whoever types his notes making mistakes,but he will not talk to you about fixing this so this will follow you your whole medical life. He over perscribes pain pills instead of trying to find the cause of the pain, and when you ask to be taken off the meds due to adverse affects he ignores your requests.

Posted on April 25th, 2016