Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark D Wasserman has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 35
I used to see Dr. Wasserman growing up right until they switched things over at the beginning of 2015, where you'd have to pay $1600 out of pocket! That's just ridiculous. Unfortunately, I had to stop seeing him because of that. However, Dr. Wasserman was always honest and friendly. I still haven't found a Dr. better than him, sadly.. The staff is horrible. There's one receptionist in particular that's extremely rude. I don't understand how she has a job. If you're not a 'people person', you shouldn't be a receptionist.
I agree with the previous post. Many years of good service from the Dr. his staff was poor and his refusal to allow staff to schedule appointments was not so good. But once the whole MDVIP deal started where you had to pay $1600 a year just to get in his door started, no returned calls, no records forwarded to new doctors. Pretty sad to treat patients of years that way because they did not join your elite practice. Makes you really wonder why he went this route.
Care was very good while a patient, but when they switched to MDVIP, and I chose not to pay $1695 per person just to be a patient (does not include copays or insurance), assistance declined. Dr Wasserman is great, policies and procedures, not so. Once they knew, Prescriptions were not called in or followed up on. This was under the care of the office at the time and it is their ethical responsibility to take care of patients. This was UNETHICAL!
IN ALL THE MANY YRS HE IS MY DOCTOR HE HAS ALWAYS DIAGNOSED AND TREATED SITUATION PROPERLY. I FEEL CONFIDENT IN HIS JUDGEMENT AND HAVE RECOMMENDED HIM MANY TIMES..HIS GOOD NATURE AND HUMOR HELP GREATLY.HE IS ALWAYS ON TARGET. IF YOU ARE ON TIME SO IS HE. YOU ARE NEVER LEFT WAITING FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME. .HIS OFFICE STAFF IS COURTEOUS HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY. I AM IN GOOD HANDS WITH MARK WASSERMAN.
44 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Mark D Wasserman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMark Wasserman Md, 555 Route 25A, Miller Place, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark D Wasserman in this video.
Dr. Mark D Wasserman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miller Place, NY.