Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark Waynik has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Anxiety Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Depressive Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
He's quick to write you prescription to get you out the door. He also has no interested in your medical background or your well being.
SAVE YOUR MONEY. MONEY HUNGRY DOCTORS WHO ONLY CARE IF YOU PAY FOR YOUR COPAY, PAY AN OUTRAGEOUS AMOUNT FOR A MISSED APPOINTMENT OR ASTRONOMICALLY HIGH COSTS FOR LETTERS, DOCUMENTS, OR FORMS TO BE FILLED OUT. SEES ABOUT 60-70 PATIENTS A DAY...HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO GET QUALITY CARE WHEN YOU ARE RUSHED IN AND RUSHED OUT?!?!?! S A V E Y O U R M O N E Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'LL BE HAPPY YOU DID!
I found this doctor through my insurance; and I would never recommend the doctor or the group. The staff is unfriendly; there is always a long wait, and once inside the office, the doctor is always rushed. (I also had the same experience with the social worker I saw there.) It is the opposite of calm and compassion - I always leave feeling stressed and rushed. It is clear they are working on a patient quota, and cannot wait to get to the next patient. They also seem aggravated when insurance requires pre authorization (which mine always seems to when the doctor prescribes a medication for me). The pharmacy then needs to call the doctor; it takes several days and then the doctor's office charges an additional $20 for the phone call they must make.
Dr. Mark Waynik has been instrumental in my treatment of severe depression, OCD and anxiety disorder. Dr. Mark Waynik has been patient, kind and understanding of my condition and appropriate with my treatment. I have been able to make an appointment on an emergency basis when I really, really needed to see Dr. Waynik as well as my regular appointments. Dr. Waynik is a wonderful Dr. and I will reccomend him to anyone.
Dr. Waynik is not shy about telling you how many people he has in his wating room during the 20 minutes he sometimes spend with you. He usually wastes 2 or 3 minutes finding your chart in the 10 to 15 he has on his table next to his chair. If you have Medicaid you are our of luck. No insurance no service. He doesn't consider Medicaid insurance. He is typical of the dearth of dedicated and competent mental health professionals in the Fiarfield County area. I would not recommend him to anyone. If you need a good psychiarist, look elsewhere. Try getting one educated in the United States, not some third world country.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Waynik is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Institute Of Living
Dr. Mark Waynik accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark Waynik in this video.
Dr. Mark Waynik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfield, CT.