Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark Wert
Dr. Mark Wert, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winchester, TN. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Pathology. Dr. Wert is affiliated with Tennova Healthcare-Harton, Southern Tennessee Medical Center and Harton Reg Med Ctr, Tullahoma, Tn. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark Wert has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Wert is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Southern Tennessee Medical Center
Harton Reg Med Ctr, Tullahoma, Tn
Southern Tennessee Med Ctr, Winchester, Tn
Marshall Medical Center North
Baptist East Montgomery Medical Center
Baptist Prattville Hospital
Cooper Green-Mercy Hospital
22 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Mark Wert accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouthern Tennessee Medical Center, 185 Hospital Rd, Winchester, TN
Dr. Mark Wert is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winchester, TN.