Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark R Wilford has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Diabetes Complications
- Pituitary Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Growth Disorders
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
Showing 5 of 18
He is very rude, I had to go to him because I was a kid when I started going. Now that im an adult I cant change. About 2 years ago he said my levels were good and took me off my medicine. Not even having me have a follow up appointment. I have gain weight and tried to go back and now he blames me. Also tells me I have a condition that has nothing to do with his field but my doctor that does says he isnt worried about it. Will never go back to him.
35 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Marshall University School Of Medicine
Dr. Mark R Wilford accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStation Medical Center, 1414 9th Ave, Altoona, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark R Wilford in this video.
Dr. Mark R Wilford is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Altoona, PA.